Social Ontology & Collective Intentionality 2022
Psychological, Behavioural, and Applied Perspectives
Vienna ● August 23-26, 2022
In-person with online option: The conference is planned to be held in person, but all speakers will have the option to participate online if they are unable to travel to Vienna. Registration begins at 9:00 AM on August 23rd, with the conference opening and keynote at 10:30 AM. The final keynote will end at 6:30 PM on August 26th, with an open-ended informal gathering afterwards on that evening. A conference dinner is planned for the evening of Thursday August 25th.
Conference locations: Hauptgebäude (HG, "Main building") and Neues Institutsgebäude (NIG, "New institue building") of the University of Vienna, Universitätsstraße 7, 1010 Vienna.
Topics of the 2022 conference include:
· Social action and collective action
· Shared, collective, and corporate responsibility
· Collective thought, intention, and emotion
· Trust, cooperation, and competition
· The nature, evolution, and functioning of social norms
· The ontology of the social world, esp. social kinds (e.g. race or gender) and social structures
· The structure of institutions, firms, and organizations
· The ontology of economics
Thomas Bugnyar, Professor of Cognitive Ethology, Vienna
Arto Laitinen, Professor of Social Philosophy, Tampere
Nikos Nikiforakis, Professor of Economics, NYU Abu Dhabi
Natalie Sebanz, Professor of Cognitive Science, Central European University
Quayshawn Spencer, Professor of Philosophy, University of Pennsylvania
Deborah Tollefsen, Professor of Philosophy, Memphis
ISOS essay prize winner - ISOS will soon announce the essay prize competition
Abstract submissions closed on 15 February.
For information about this year's conference, please email email@example.com